Hey Glow Gang,
I am so glad to be back with another makeup-related post! I love getting dolled up, especially for an event. It was such an honour to have Maya’s Glow nominated for the 2019 B.A.K.E awards under the category, ‘Best Hair and Makeup Blog’. The award show took place on the 22nd of June at the Utalii Hotel, Nairobi. The nomination came as such a surprise to me and I am so grateful to all of you for consuming my content, interacting with me on Social Media and for taking the time to vote for my blog! We didn’t bag the award this year, but the nomination is already such a big win for me. I appreciate all your love and support.
‘Classic Chic’ is how I would describe my hair and makeup look for the night. An elegant updo with cascading curls was my hairstyle of choice. For my face-beat, I went for a soft copper smokey eye paired with a foxy red lip. I remember looking in the mirror and thinking “What a babe!” Needless to say, I did look pretty amazing.
- Primer – Mary Kay Foundation Primer Sunscreen.
- Foundation – Revlon ‘Color Stay’ Foundation in No. 016 ‘Mocha’ + Maybelline Fit Me ‘Matte + Poreless’ Foundation – No. 365 ‘Espresso’.
- Colour corrector – Black Opal ‘Total Coverage Spot & Scar’ eraser in ‘Hazelnut’.
- Concealer – L.A. Girl ‘Pro-conceal’ HD concealer – Chestnut.
- Highlighting Powder – Black Opal ‘True Color’ Loose Powder – 400 ‘Medium’.
- Face powder – Sleek Makeup Translucent Loose Powder – No. 288 ‘Chocolate’.
- Eyelid Primer – NYX Glitter Primer – ‘Base Perfectrice Brillance’.
- Transition Eyeshadow Color & Blush – Sleek Makeup’s Blush in ‘Flushed’.
- Lid and Inner corner Eyeshadow Colors – Sleek Makeup’s ‘Sunset’ I-Divine Eyeshadow Pallette.
- Crease Eyeshadow Color & Contour Powder – Suzie Beauty Pressed Eyeshadow in ‘Changa’.
- Upper Lashline Eyeliner – E.L.F Liquid Eyeliner in ‘Jet Black’.
- Lower Lashline Eyeliner – L.A. Colors Eyeliner Pencil in ‘Very Black’.
- Brow Pencils – Davis Eyebrow Pencils in no. 003 & no. 001.
- Brow Gel – Generic Clear Mascara.
- Bronzer – Cover Girl Queen Collection Bronzer in ‘Ebony Bronze’.
- Highlighter – Makeup Revolution’s Highlighting Palette in ‘Highlight’.
- Lashes – ‘Flirty Diva’ pair by Rich Eyes.
- Mascara – Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara in ‘Black’.
- Lip Color – Huddah Cosmetics Liquid Lipsticks in ‘Nimoh’ & ‘Vamp’.
- Setting Spray – E.L.F Mist and Set Setting Spray.